Monday, June 28, 2010
"Time Falls Away, but these Small Hours, these Small Hours still Remain"
I think I'm going insane trying to figure out what I am going to do with my life. It's summer, and I only have one more year left at college. Shortly afterward, I am suppose to graduate, and be accepted into some program, which I have no clue what program it's going to be, and my GPA is not high, and I have no experience whatsoever. I really don't know what to choose. I am straddle between: physician assistant, nursing, and physical therapy; all which are completely different, and all have requirements that I have not completed. I wanted a job that would allow me to work with people; a job that would allow me to have long encounters, not just short ones, and I never get to see the person again. I wanted a job that I can make a difference in someone's life, and way down the road, my engagement into their life, influenced who they will be then. It's not a selfish ambition or pride that requires me to want this, but rather, the chance to influence and aid people. I want to be that person who helps them get through the difficult time, and allow them to know that everything's going to be okay. I don't know what I'm suppose to be doing, but I guess, I just understood that this long lasting significance that I have on someone's life, doesn't need to actually have a long time frame. Every second counts for something. Every brief moment encompasses so much influence, that I may never even know. I know I wanted to have a career that allowed me to get to know my patients longer and to develop a relationship with them, but all of that, was to ensure they would know that they were going to be okay, and they were going to make it, and that they were not alone. I can do that in just five minutes. I am confident that I have the ability to put someone at ease in just a few moments; and even greater, I have the gift of allowing someone to know it's going to be okay, and that I am there for them. I just need a few seconds, a few moments, and I know that I can influence someone's life. I don't need to settle for something less; I am ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment