I went on a walk down the lane
And beyond the stones on the road,
The sun hitting my back with its ray
I was left with my mind
It was a casual stroll down
And as the cars sped by me
There was nothing else to do
But to keep walking and reminiscing
I ponder the finer things in life
And I mulled over my faults and defeats
The times I triumphed and failed
Were relived vividly in my head
And with all of this going on
The beat of the street and city rang on
Over the noise and the sounds
Of people going and coming
I continued until I found myself back
To my home, and walked into my room
And with it all, it was a good journey
Going just a few blocks down and back
I sat down on my bed and laid down
There was nothing else to do
But to just lay there and say nothing
Silence above the noise is golden
No comments:
Post a Comment