The alcohol is spilling on the carpet
As some drunk guy lays passed out
Drool coming from his mouth
And I have no idea where I am
It’s way past my bedtime
And I haven’t got a clue
Of why I’m wearing only some clothes
And in a unfamiliar place
I’m out of my familiarity
And all I want is another shot
But my head is pounding too much
And someone is throwing up
Another night, another party
What does it do for me?
Absolutely nothing
But it’s all I really want to do
It’s just what the doctor ordered
And I can’t forgo his instructions
Addiction to the inevitable
Is nothing to blame on me
The sun has gone and night is here
I’m cleaned up, popped a pill
And ready for another shot
To try it all again and again
My dreams are haunting me
Because their absent from my sleep
And I’m simply left on the floor
Passed out, drunk, and a mess
You got it all wrong
I’m more than what you see
If I could just get up from this floor
And show you who I am
It’s a lonely road of where I am
Clothed only in my wickedness and sin
And no one desires to follow me
And I have nothing else to say
No comments:
Post a Comment