Saturday, October 24, 2009

Take Off

Look out at the night sky
And take it all in
There are starts that are shining
Even though some are already dead

The vastness spreads and spreads
And you suddenly become small
You shrink as the time slowly grows
And you soon are gone

Star light, star bright
First star I seen tonight
Wishing, waiting, wanting
For something more than this life

Lonely times sitting there
Left alone on this hill looking up
Darkness blankets me
And all I have are the stars and the moon

I’m going to go build a rocket
And it will propel be beyond this earth
And I can leave it all behind
As I sit in the pilot seat saying goodbye

The earth will become smaller and smaller
And I will go where very few have gone
How does one feel normal
When there’s all this gravity?

Weightlessness, hopefulness
Gravity gone, fears gone
Left alone, but am free
Going beyond the planets and stars

I’m not going to be alone
For there’s more than just nothingness
In fact, there’s a lot more out here
I’m going home, the place I belong

No comments: