Monday, March 1, 2010

RIP Johnny Mishriki

So, it's been five years since a good friend of mine, Johnny Mishriki passed away. I can't believe so much time has gone by; it seems so long and yet so short. I remember talking to him like it was yesterday, and yet, it seems forever that I was going to say goodbye. Time is moving by quick. I guess Johnny understood that with his favorite verse: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11). Time is short. I miss him so much; I haven't really let myself think about him or death or saying goodbye, but this anniversary, it's hitting a bit harder to home than usual. Perhaps, time doesn't heal all wounds, but makes them stronger. I guess it's a good thing, because I will never have to forget how awesome a person Johnny was. Can't wait to see you, Johnny.

No comments: