Just one more night and then I am onward to starting my next quarter at UCI. I can't believe how the time has sped by during my college years. When I first came to UCI, I thought this experience would seem to take forever; high school dragged on for four years, and I thought college would be somewhat the same, but I was definitely wrong. This quarter was actually good this time around. I say that with a slight grin because my two past Winter quarters at UCI are normally my worst. This is normally in the realm of grades and social life, but somehow this quarter, I was able to rise above it all.
I know that I made quite a few significant choices in my life this past quarter. The first major decision that I faced was not to continue going to my college campus Christian fellowship. As much as it was hard for me to leave certain people, the decision had to be made. Even before the quarter began, I was having such tremendous difficulty and stress in that issue to the message I was getting while being there. I am still in search of joining a different Christian fellowship or rather community, to ensure that I can continue to grow in my relationship with God. I guess if I regret anything this quarter, is my stagnant relationship with my faith this quarter. I am going to work on this in this upcoming quarter. Church will be a more necessary than an option and finding a fellowship a must rather than a possibility.
Another difficult decision was finding myself this quarter (though it's an ever so ongoing process that is never finalized), and that process was hard. I was able to dig into myself and see who I was. This quarter classes' were able for me to discover so many things, which I was probably share later in a different post. To enlighten, taking the Asian American studies was an amazing opportunity for me and it has changed my life.
Beyond school, the life as a HA in Arroyo Vista was incredible experience despite the ups and downs as well as stress. I love my residents and I could not ask for a better bunch of people to live in one house (though sometimes they are about to drive me insane)! I am grateful for my fellow HAs as well who are the very select few that understand the pains and groans of the HA job beyond simply the glamor.
Winter Quarter is done with and over. I had a nice Spring Break that was quiet and uneventful, but sometimes, those are the best days. Saturday, I was able to hop over VDCN's pool gates and just dip my legs in the water and sit back and enjoy being alive. I guess this whole quarter has been stressed about not letting life pass me by as I sit there doing nothing. I have tried to encompass the idea of carpe diem to it's fullest, and though I am no expert still, it has made this quarter amazing.
I am looking forward to Spring Quarter 2010. I look to the sky for some more sun and the horizon for an amazing two and half more months as a Junior here at UCI. I have Spring Training for HA as well as Conference Assistant Training to look forward to as well as the possibility to join another group. All in all, I am ready for this quarter and I am excited beyond anything. I am living and that's what matters that most.
No comments:
Post a Comment