Monday, April 5, 2010

Clock Face Staring

What time is it?

I like to remember certain times in my life when there are tremendous big moments and you feel like everything is just stopping:

"As happens sometimes when a moment settled, and hovered, and remained for much more than a moment. And sound stopped, and movement stopped for much much more than a moment, and then then the moment was gone. Then gradually time awakened again and moved sluggishly on." (Of Mice and Men-John Steinbeck).

On Friday April 2, 2010 at 2:31PM, my life changed. Continuing on this trend, my life changed latter that night around 8:30PM. This whole week has been filled with these time shattering events that are changing the very essence of myself and who I am going to be.

But then again, isn't that life in general? Isn't that how life is suppose to be? That at 1:23PM on a Saturday, that event is significant in some shape or manner. I guess life has these big moments that will be suspended for a brief moment longer. It's totally like the Matrix movies where the guy stops in mid-air as he is about to kick some bad guy in the face, and he can look around and study his position. These moments just freeze everything.

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in." (Andrew Jackson).

I think that many of my lingering moments are derived from the events that Jackson describes; these times that though has been thought out, courage is taken up and no regret ever surfacing. So much of my life I have always hung back, thought and pondered, planned and replanned, but for actions, I usually have minimal scoring capabilities. If it wasn't for me to stop thinking and just go with what I truly wanted, these moments of suspended time this week could never have occurred. Life only gives us certain allotted amount of time and we need to use it to its fullest capacity.


“There is a tide in the affairs of men Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures." ( Julius Caesar IV.ii.)

No comments: