My last Fall Quarter at UCI is rapidly coming to an end. It's already Week 7, and so much has happened in just a quarter. My previous blog only highlights the craziness that has filled my life. This year feels really weird. I know that every year cannot be the same as the last, and with each coming quarter, classes are different, responsibilities change, and life throws curve balls at you constantly.
School has been a roller coaster, except I have not reached the bottom yet, let alone the end. I hate that the classes are stacked against me, and despite me trying as hard as I can, I'll still just manage to sit on the curve. It's alright, I guess, since I really am excited just to start a career in teaching. I need to go to the Career Center or the Education Counseling to see what steps I need to take. Teach for America is a viable option, but I always want to have a few backup plans, or better understanding.
Life as a House Assistant has been lacking for me. I haven't been able to put all that I want to into my house, and this is my biggest regret for the quarter. I am striving to fix that, not only within my house, but also in the AV/Housing Community. I must admit that I have been causing trouble for a personal fun thrill; even with the Strengths Finder test, I have been mocking it. Ironically, all my strengths point me to a career in education. Life's ironic I guess.
In terms of Sigma Phi Epsilon, I have become an Epsilon. My three weeks as a Phi is over; it feels a bit surreal. I did not imagine myself really going this quickly. Life as VP Communications is time consuming, especially with all the complexities of the job (though overall, it's pretty relax if you want it to be). Epsilon Weekend has really allowed me to understand the depth of brotherly love, and for me, understanding this concept has been a personal goal for me in Sigma Phi Epsilon. I'm excited for the rest of this quarter. Songfest has been launched, and we have our formal tomorrow. I also got my Big Bro: David, which was an awesome feeling. It feels good to have someone that I can look up to, and be challenged by, as well as knowing that I'm going to actually be treated right.
Overall, this quarter has been amazing. Looking back at the mess I was in last year at this time, it makes me wonder where the time has gone. I don't even know how I manage to function last year, and for that, the changes in my life at that point have been validated. I know that the feelings of depression and anxiety were not right, and getting out of those areas of my life that were causing it were amazing. No regrets at all for that situation. I'm simply looking ahead now in life. Sure, it's getting hectic, and no breaks in sight, but at the same time, I've been able to be more proud and sure of myself. Going to Disneyland with friends or relaxing or drinking a few, all of this, makes each week possible for me to survive. Life's good; I am excited to see how much better it can get.
No comments:
Post a Comment