Sunday, March 14, 2010
Housing Ponders
I got accepted to be a returner House Assistant (HA) for Arroyo Vista Housing as the HA for Second Year Excellence Program (SYEP). I am super stoked about the position; it was a stressful wait but I am glad the results were out and positive for me. It was hard hearing about people who deserved the position that didn't get it and for those who did get it, and I felt that they should not have gotten the position. Anyways, I was looking back and just thinking about how old Arroyo Vista is. It's not ancient, but it's been around the block a few times, and I'm was just thinking about the HAs in the past. I already knew the two previous HAs who lived in my room, but what about three years ago or possible the first HA who lived in my room. I'm part of such a selective group of individuals and the experience of being a HA is unique and is only shared by those who have been presented with the gift of being a HA. It puts everything in perspective as well as encourages you to know that you are not alone. I'm proud that both of the HA positions that I have taken (Student Life and Engagement [SLE] House, and Second Year Excellence Program [SYEP] House) are very recent in less than three years. I am paving the way for these houses and I cannot wait to return back to UCI and Arroyo Vista and see my legacy and influence live on in both my residents and the next generation of HAs to come. AV Staff is always dear to my heart no matter what year. We are AV Staff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
grant! you are so inspiring!s
Post a Comment