Monday, May 24, 2010

2 Roads

I am revisiting my PostSecret favorites:


This PostSecret gave me chills when I first read/saw it. It's hard when we are pushing and driving so hard for what we want and to fulfill our dreams, that sometimes, we can get lost on the way. We can sacrifice our ideals, beliefs, or personality, or we can make compromises that will later come to be our downfall. Sometimes, in our journey to reach our destination, we forget the inspiration that catalyze our drive, and we run out of energy to even take another step.

So, am I living the my dream? I am at a wonderful university, engaged in many social activities and clubs on campus, have some of the most amazing friends a person could ever ask for, and know that I have a God who loves me. I think I'm pretty close to living my dream for the current moment. As for the future, I have to ensure that I do not wake up one day and wonder where the hell I am or what happened to me.

The lost of time is so scary and it is definite. There is no turning back every breath you take, so make sure that breath is intentional. Fight for your dreams, but make sure you step back every one in a while, and take some perspective on the situation. Don't sacrifice yourself for your dreams, for if you do so, then you truly are not reaching your goals and dreams. Dreams are formulated at the current moment, and yourself is a part of it. If you change yourself for the worst to reach that dream, then you really haven't reached it at all.

I'm dreaming big and I hope I get all the dreams I have and still remain myself.

1 comment:

doodewheresmykar said...

Hi Grant!
So I have been uber procrastinating on my studying for finals and I stumbled upon your blog...okay well i clicked on the link on your facebook but anyways...I was reading your thoughts and THIS POST spoke to me sooo much!!!

I read it and examined the postsecret picture and I was just like "DAMN!" You have hit every emotion/feeling/thought I have had the past 2 quarters....I just wanted to let you now that this reached out to me and I wanted to say thanks!

I know we actually haven't gotten the chance to sit down and have a chat but I hope that will change soon since we will both be here in Irvine. Let's hang out sometime!