Monday, May 31, 2010
RIP Mr. Hammer
It's been three years since Mr. Hammer passed from this earth and went onward to be with the Lord. I can't believe how much I still think and remember about this man. I've known him since I was about 6 years old, and he was with me all the way up to the end of my Senior year in high school. So much of what I am and do is because of this man. He filled a role of guidance and help that I desperately needed, as well as a source of understanding and wisdom. I can't put on a tie without remembering how he would tell me to make sure there is a dimple on the tie, since girls' like that kind of thing. His constant growling and muttering about our youth and how "back in his day" things were a lot better and stricter. His constant grin and jokes always were there to greet me in the early morning, where he would drink coffee and I would still be trying to wake up in Zero Period. He was deeply patriotic and had a love for this country, despite its downfalls and faults. He was curious and always interested in learning new things. His mind was sharp and the knowledge he had was enormous. He was in scouts and was always prepare for everything. Mr. Hammer allowed me to understand what it meant to be a man: to be responsible, polite, generous, full of humor, to have courage and faith, and to always live every day for God. My life was changed for the better by knowing Mr. Hammer. Thanks Mr. Hammer for everything. I look forward to seeing you someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment