Friday, May 21, 2010

Reflection

It's been a long time since I actually wrote something on here, well, long in my standards at least. I am in shock of how quick this quarter went. I sometimes feel like it's still just Week 1 or 2 of this quarter, but as of now, this is the last day of Week 8. Craziness! I've done so much this current quarter: from joining a fraternity, to attending more social functions, going to San Diego, hanging out in different places, and probably other things that I cannot even remember. This quarter has been jammed pack with stuff, and I'm glad that I am living out my college experience. It seems like this quarter has been a chance to try things I never thought I would or was too afraid to do so. I never thought I would be in a fraternity, and was too scared to even rush, let alone, be in, a fraternity, but here I am now and enjoying every moment of it. I never thought I would get the haircut that I had or go to social events with people. I'm loving college, and though classes are sometimes a pain, even they are cool and fine with me. I know the only thing that I'm lacking is keeping up my spiritual relationship with God. It's been so hard to go to church or take time out of my schedule to sit down and just relax and be in His presence. I came into this year in a place of dryness in my walk, and I really want to focus on this during the summer, and even now. It's the last part that needs to fit into my life, and I hope that all of the pieces fit together; as of now, it appears to be the case.

There's only three weeks left of the quarter (and that's including Finals Week)! Where did the time go? I'm excited for this summer to be a Conference Assistant in Mesa Court (Lluvia Hall!) and just be able to be here in the summer to go to the beach or just hang out. Life is good; I'm sad I haven't been able to go home much due to the House Assistant (HA) job, but hopefully my family doesn't miss me that much!

I'm excited in my life. Coming from a bad place at the end of Fall Quarter and even Winter, I see myself now, and though there are some parts lacking, I like how everything is shaping up to be. I can't wait for next year, but the present is enthralling as well.

No comments: