Thursday, July 1, 2010

Step Back Three Summers Ago

Three summers have passed since I finished high school and started college. It really seems like forever since I had classes from 8-3, uniforms, bell schedules, SATs, and living at home. To be honest, there isn't anything I really miss from high school. The only few things I can list are perhaps some teachers, the less stress about the future and jobs (which I don't mind having), and maybe a few people. I have no ties to high school; I don't see the need to hang out with anyone from there, and it's not that I feel like I'm more mature and better, there's just nothing for me there. My views and beliefs are not the same; they've been redefine and refine, and to be honest, people can't understand it. Perhaps, I am offset by the immaturity that people from my high school still have, or it may be just that I cannot fit into their lifestyle. When I first came to UCI, I feel in love with it instantly. I guess I feel a bit guilty in a way since it seems like so many people from my high school still hang out with the group of friends they hung out with. For me, I haven't been with any of them forever. My life has changed, and it's changed for the better. I don't think I can go back. Reunions don't excite me, and catching up about old times, well, they just get old after a while. I have no idea how my college relationships will last. For me, I know that the relationships I made in college are stronger than almost any high school relationship, which I find amusing. I know that there will be a few that will last a lifetime, and for this, it scares me, but excites me at the same time. I'm realistic about relationships and I'm glad the ones that I have now are the ones I want to have.

No comments: