Monday, August 2, 2010

Distance

It's 5:42PM in Hong Kong. A place that is over 7,000 miles away from me. People are probably sitting down, eating their dinner, getting home from work, and the sun is starting to lower. It's the place where I am from. It's the place that I would be if I wasn't given up. It's the place where my birth parents used to be about 21 years ago. It's the place where I was conceived and birthed. It's the place where I wasn't wanted. It's the place where a mistake was made. It's the place that my birth parents possibly could still be. I can't help from time to time to think about them. What are they doing? Who are they with? Do I have other siblings? Do they even think about what happened 21 years ago? Do they ever rethink their decision? I wonder how it would be to have a conversation with them would be? I wonder if who I look like more? I wonder if I got any characteristics from them? There are way too many questions and I probably will never get them answered. How strong is DNA? How strong is our roots? I really don't know how to answer any of these things. It's 2:50PM in Irvine, CA and I really can't handle this.

No comments: