The howls of a coyote echo through my windows
And enter into my dreams of solidarity
I turn ever so softly as this sad song echoes
Throughout my ever so deep slumber
This lone coyote howls out into the darkness
As the moon hangs high in the sky
By the string, and only the darkness itself
Answers back to this desperate cry of understanding
Who is she calling? The emotion that is in
Such a creatures voice continues to engulf
Me and make me arouse from my limbo of
Reality and dreams, and I can only lie down
And continue to question what she is saying
At first her cries are only sounds coming
From outside, but as it continues, I begin
To commune with her, and our connection begins
To grow and flourish. After a while, it becomes
Clear to me her intent and why she is here
As we finish our conversation, the silence of the
Night finally wins over, and I drift back into
My bed and shut my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment