Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SMLI Love

I just finished staffing for SMLI 2010 and I am filled with so many different emotions, memories, and feelings. First off: SMLI 2010 was crazy!!! Love all my SMLIies and they are an amazing group of incoming first years. I'm super excited to see how they will turn out in just a year, and even more, further down the road. They have amazing potential to go far and make a huge difference on this campus, and the world.

I really feel like SMLI has put me full circle. I couldn't believe how long ago it was since I first came to SMLI in the summer of 2007. College was super excited and during that SMLI, my life was changed. To be honest, SMLI has influenced and guided everything that I've done in college. My views and beliefs have been changed and modified. My life has truly been impacted by attending this conference.

I was really touched by the people I've staffed for this SMLI as well as SMLI 2008. Hearing one of the SMLIies from 2008 say that I was one of the few staffers she remembered really made me know that I made an impact on that person's life. This SMLI, someone confided me with something very personal to him/her. My "Orange Bang" group has truly made my life different. All of the SMLIies have express their love and appreciation to me and I'm just amazed. Not only they have influenced me, but they have expressed that I have been able to influence them. I can't wait to mentor them this upcoming year.

SMLI is going to be one of the greatest things that have ever happened to me in my life. It's the turning point of my life. It has given me the greatest friends ever. I have gotten to know some of the greatest people. I love SMLI. I will always enjoy be a SMLIie.

No comments: