Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Never Looking Back

"Goodbye forever" and "No Looking Back" were the cliche philosophies I kept close to me as my high school graduation came and went. That summer was good, but college on the horizon kept me anticipating for better. I couldn't wait to get out, and even now, I am glad for that day that I received my diploma and was officially released. These few years after college, I have eased into the role of a ghost or memory of high school. So many people who I went to high school still keep in contact; it's like nothing has really changed, and maybe the relationships they developed were meaningful and strong. I really can't judge them there. I know that there are a few of these relationships in high school that I am going to keep with me as long as I can, but overall, there isn't anything there for me. Moving on and pressing on for better days...maybe I was driven to find this. Perhaps for me, high school wasn't the place or time for me, but now in college, I can't imagine every leaving. This is the one place that I have allowed myself, and only myself, to develop deep friendships, stayed for more than a year, and have fell in love with who I am and what I have been doing. I'm excited for the future, because that requires me to go eve beyond college, and perhaps, fulfill the dreams of seeing the world, and make a difference in it.

No comments: