Monday, August 9, 2010
Travel Blues
I can empathize with George Bailey from It's A Wonderful Life. His biggest dream is to be able to travel the world; to explore beyond his wildest dreams and hopes, and take life in his own hands. His dreams and ambitions have driven him since he was a young man, and yet countless times, he chooses to sacrifice himself for others. The world is out there and I want to explore it and yet I find myself still in the same area forever. I'm not going to say that I'm not jealous of those lucky people who are able to go out to different places, travel abroad, and explore the rest of this globe. They are able to experience other cultures, environments, and places and see sights that one could never even imagine.It appears to be a life time opportunity, and I am held back by money, time, and responsibility. Maybe I need to explore right where I am right now. To examine the place that is around me already, and explore this to the fullest. I wonder if this is simply a substitute or actually a journey. It's a wonderful life...isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment