Each upcoming generation is the direct result of one powerful force: teachers. It is within these educators that great power and responsibility lies; we depend greatly on the influence, knowledge, abilities, and skills of educators to ensure that our children will grow and learn to become influential forces in the world. This is a job that is greatly overlooked, and more importantly, not respected.
I look back at the person who I am today and it is by the impact of my teachers who I had in the past.
Mr. Bob Lang: you were my first teacher at my new school, and you are the one who I hold in the greatest esteem. You were able to help me so much in just one year, and you continued to be an influence to me so long afterward. I think it was only fitting to see you at my high school graduation, as I was about to embark into the "real" world. To you, I have gained my leadership abilities.
Mr. Murray: out of all the years I had Bible classes, you are the greatest Bible teacher I ever had, next to one other one! Your sense of humor, kindness, charitable spirit, and love for God was always a joy and influence in my life. You were always there for me when I needed to talk, and you always knew what to say. I forget how much prayer meant to you, and I wish this lesson would be applied more to my life. From you, I gained my passion for God and the love for people.
Mr. Mark Allen: I was able to bond with you when I went up to the leadership conference in junior high. It was from there that our relationship continued to build. You are the other best Bible teacher I ever had. Even after the years compiled, you always were there to converse, and to teach me lessons about God. I loved your sense of humor, as well as your passion for scriptures. It is because of you that I have gained the knowledge of who God really is, and passion to serve.
Mr. Hammer: even though I knew you since I was little, you were the physical rock for me in high school. Always there in the morning when it was freezing cold, and always there to teach me how to become a man. Your class, sense of humor, and overall, passion and love for God is greatly missed. RIP Mr. Hammer. It is because of you that I know how to be a man of God.
Mrs. Kirkland: I though you were crazy when I first walked in to your classroom my freshmen year in high school. After all, English was my least favorite class, but then seeing Tupac poster and reading The Outsiders totally changed my mind about you. I will always remember to: "Love God, Love People, Nothing Else Matters." I loved your kind spirit and willingness to look at God in a new light.
Senora Kirkland: the start of my Spanish career, and from there on, Spanish became an actual enjoyment. Though you are stern, it's always for my own good. Your influence to choose college and look at career choices was always appreciated and influential in my life to work hard. For you, I owe you my work ethic.
Senora Walker: words can not describe your classroom! You are always a joy to be around. Your "no excuses" attitude and happiness is what I will always remember. You always believed in me and for that, I am deeply grateful. When I do get the girl, I'll make sure to find you and get your approval. For you, I have learn passion and strength.
Mr. Destefano: my first high school teacher! Math was always so enjoyable. You had your quirks, but I enjoyed them so much. You understood the concept of hard work, and then play. I remember your amazing attitude towards God, but also to be good stewards in school and work as well. For you, I understand balance.
Mr. Spurgin: I have been able to know you as both a teacher and coach. You humor towards math was always hilarious as well as your ability to be a good coach. You always knew the right things to say, and were always there as another figure of a godly man. My love for math is always because of you. From you, I have gained understanding.
Mrs. Dahlen: art was always a passion for me, and you took a chance with me, and was able to teach me so much. Your encouragement was greatly loved, and your passion to express emotion through art was remarkable. Even more remarkable was your love towards God. From you, I have gained the ability to express myself through not only art, but also ways to express my love to God.
Mr. Steinhaus: though you were never a teacher, you were my coach, and I am so grateful for you. You were always there to pick me up, give me a ride, and just joke around. You always believed in me in anything I chose to do. I was able to learn to joke around and relax because of you.
Overall, all the teachers in my life have taught me some lesson or two, even if I can't remember it. The men and women listed above are the ones that stick in my mind the most. I think when I reflect on such a strong force these people were in my life, it makes me ponder if I want to become a teacher. As of now, the future is bright and I can only hope that if I do choose this career, I can be as powerful and influential as them.
No comments:
Post a Comment